What an exciting weekend I had! I'll begin with Saturday morning. So my best friend Stephanie is getting married. YEAH! Me and her bridesmaids hosted her lingerie shower Saturday night at my mom's house so Saturday morning was spent getting ready for that. Stephanie also had her bridal portrait session scheduled for that afternoon at my house. So they arrive around lunch and we being the process for getting ready for pictures. Her friend/bridesmaid/Mary Kay consultant, Kristy, did her make-up while I did her hair. Now, I know what you are thinking. You did her hair? Yes, I know! I had no idea what I was doing, but she liked it and that's all that really matters. Anyway, the rest of the afternoon was spent having pictures made. We had a blast and Steph was sooo... beautiful! Her dress is gorgeous, but you'll have to wait till she's Mrs. Davis to see it. Stephanie had me try on my bridesmaid dress so she could decide on a sash to go with it. Boy, did I look pregnant with that sash around my waist! In 3 weeks, I'll really have a belly to poke out in that dress.
5:30 the shower started. We had homemade lasagna, salad, bread and homemade cheesecake. It was delicious. Then the games, opening of the presents, and all other things lingerie started. It was so much fun. I was exhausted and finally got to bed about 10:30.
About 1:45a.m. that night, my brother, Jack, woke me up getting something to drink in the kitchen. A few minutes later, I heard him go into mom's room and wake her up. Jack: "Mom, get up! There's some drunk man on our porch!" What in the world? I am wide awake now. Mom starts to get up to go out there and I stopped her. Who knew who this guy was or what he was packing. She calls 911 but the dispatcher doesn't sound too concerned. This is Shorter we're talking about. Where was my dad, you ask. Well, Dad and Uncle Eddie were out of town on the annual guy's golf weekend trip to Florida. Uncle Dickie was also out of town on a cruise. So all the Segrest men were gone. So we called an old family friend, Hal Noble to come over. In the meantime, the drunk man is sitting in the chair on the front porch, talking to himself/us, saying "Hey, you *bleep* people in the house! It's *bleep* cold out here, I'm a *bleep* child of God too. Let me in. It's so cold out here. I'm just a child of God!" Sometimes he would just talk and others he would yell real loud. We went into the den and were hiding by the piano at the side door listening to him. We heard him get up and I told Mom that he was about to try to break in that door. Sure enough, he walks over to the door and jiggles the handle. I ran back to Mom's bedroom to look down the road to see if I could see Hal coming. No headlights. I ran back to the den and the guy is now beating on the door, shaking it, trying to get in. Cussing us out about letting him in the whole time. Mom tells me to try Hal again. Mrs. Vicki answered and said he was on his way. About this time, we see headlights pull in the driveway. Hal gets out of his truck. Talks the guy into sitting down on the steps. Hal makes sure he doesn't have a gun or anything. The guy claims is name is something Sanders and that "they" just dropped him off here. He didn't have a car or anything. We don't know how he got there. Hal then offers to give him a ride home. So finally, they leave. However, all our nerves are shot and I had trouble getting back to sleep after that. What a night! Of course, something like this would happen when all the guys were gone. But thankfully, the Lord kept us safe.
Home Sweet Home! by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago

you have a blog!!!!!!!!!! i am so excited!!!!!!!! they make keeping in touch so much easier. :) glad to hear the shower went well...i look forward to seeing you and your precious belly at steph's wedding. love you!
ReplyDelete