Friday, February 13, 2009

Congrats Steven!

Steven won an award last night from the Vet School! Last night was the Vet school's annual Honors Night where they recognized all the scholarship winners and donors and also hand out a few awards. I say a few, but really it was a lot because between the scholarships and the awards, the event lasted 2 hours. He won a Clinical Proficiency award in the area of Opthalmology. It has a fancy name but I can't remember it right now. He was pretty surprised and I was extremely proud of my husband. Just one more rotation (ie- 2 weeks) and he is completely done with clinics! He'll start his preceptorship on March 9, which lasts for 8 weeks and then graduates on May 5. He's already passed his boards so this milestone of being done with clinics kinda feels like we're done with vet school. Anyway, the evening was completely wonderful except for the fact that they promised food, but didn't serve it till AFTER the program. So this pregnant lady didn't get to eat till 9:00 last night! And it was that rabbit reception food, you know, fruit and crackers and little triangle ham sandwich bites. I was a bit cranky. And I think my nausea this morning is because of it. Anyway, enough about the food, or lack thereof. CONGRATS Steven! I'm so proud of you and I love you!

In baby news, I go to the doc on Monday for my 16 week checkup. Hopefully, I'll schedule my next ultrasound then! I'll let you know how it goes. Lately, I've been feeling a little pressure spot at different places on my belly. I think maybe I'm beginning to feel the baby some. That's what my mom says anyway. I hope so, because I'm dying to be able to feel the baby. I hate this not being able to see or feel the baby. If I can't feel the baby, I would at least like to see it. Which I could do if my husband would do an ultrasound on me. I've only talked him into doing that once though. I ask him everyday though. I know I'm driving him crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment